QUICK TIPS FOR PROVIDING CPR:
- 30 COMPRESSIONS: 2 RESCUE BREATHS @ RATE OF 100-120 COMPRESSIONS PER MINUTE (APPROXIMATELY 2 PER SECOND)
- DEPTH = 1/3 OF CHEST WALL (APPROXIMATELY LENGTH OF CASUALTY’S THUMB)
- 5 CYCLES IN 2 MINUTES (COUNT COMPRESSIONS & CYCLES OUT LOUD)
- PLACE THE HEAL OF ONE HAND ON THE LOWER HALF OF THE CASUALTY’S STERNUM
- PLACE THE OTHER HAND ON TOP, INTERLOCKING FINGERS AROUND WRIST
- BOTH ARMS SHOULD REMAIN LOCKED WITH BODYWEIGHT OVER CASUALTY
- MINIMISE INTERRUPTIONS TO COMPRESSIONS (QUICK RESCUE BREATHS, NO PULSE CHECKS)
- RATIO OF COMPRESSIONS TO RESCUE BREATHS REMAIN THE SAME REGARDLESS OF AGE.
In this day and age, everyone should have a simple First Aid Kit in their household. Don’t be alarmed though, as it doesn’t have to be an expensive kit which meets every health and safety standard across the country! Your First Aid Kit should be equipped to treat abrasions, burns, soft tissue injuries, eye injuries and bites or stings.
Our clients who attend our Nationally Recognised Courses, regularly ask where they can get a cheap, yet effective household First Aid Kit. To answer this question, we’ve put together a sample Household First Aid Kit for $35.00, including a case!
Our Kit Contains:
- 2 x Medium Cotton Crepe Bandages
- 1 x Non-Woven Triangular Bandage
- 1 x Low Adherent Dressing (7.5cm X 10cm)
- 1 x Eye Pad
- 1 x Burn Aid Sachet (3.5 Grams)
- 2 x Eye Wash Pods (20ml Each)
- 1 x Island Dressing (6cm X 8cm)
- 1 x Island Dressing (8cm X 10cm)
- 5 x Disposable Splinter Probes
- 1 x Set of Scissors
- 10 x Plastic Strips
- 3 x Alcohol Free Cleansing Wipes
- 1 x CPR Face Shield
- 1 x Note Pad & Pen
- 2 x Pairs of Disposable Nitrile Gloves
- 2 x Resealable Plastic Bags
If you require a simple, yet effective First Aid Kit for your household, please visit our Shop.